FNF Core Reports Fourth Quarter 2014 Adjusted EPS of $0.50; Adjusted Pre-Tax Title Margin of 14.1% and Black Knight Adjusted EBITDA Margin of 43.0%
Jacksonville, Fla. - (February 18, 2015) - Fidelity National Financial, Inc. today reported the operating results of its core segment (NYSE:FNF), a leading provider of title insurance, technology and transaction services to the real estate and mortgage industries, for the three and twelve-month periods ended December 31, 2014.
- Total revenue of approximately $1.7 billion in the fourth quarter versus $1.4 billion in the fourth quarter of 2013
- Adjusted fourth quarter net earnings of $144 million versus adjusted net earnings of $81 million for the fourth quarter of 2013
- Adjusted fourth quarter core diluted EPS of $0.50 versus adjusted core diluted EPS of $0.34 in the fourth quarter of 2013
- Fourth quarter core free cash flow provided of $139 million versus $47 million provided in the fourth quarter of 2013
- Approximately $1.5 billion in total revenue, adjusted pre-tax earnings of $207 million and adjusted pre-tax title margin of 14.1% for the fourth quarter versus approximately $1.4 billion in total revenue, adjusted pre-tax earnings of $147 million and an adjusted pre-tax title margin of 10.8% in the fourth quarter of 2013
- Adjusted pre-tax title margin of 14.1% was a 330 basis point improvement over the fourth quarter 2013 adjusted pre-tax title margin of 10.8%
- ServiceLink generated $211 million in revenue, adjusted EBITDA of $27 million, an adjusted EBITDA margin of 13%, adjusted pre-tax earnings of $23 million and an adjusted pre-tax margin of 11% for the fourth quarter
- Open orders per day of 7,175 for the fourth quarter versus 6,206 open orders per day for the fourth quarter of 2013
- Closed orders per day of 5,302 for the fourth quarter versus 4,873 closed orders per day for the fourth quarter of 2013
- Fourth quarter purchase orders opened and closed increased by 11% and 9%, respectively, versus the fourth quarter of 2013; purchase orders opened and closed were both essentially flat versus the fourth quarter of 2013 excluding ServiceLink default related purchase orders
- Fourth quarter national commercial title revenue of $166 million, a 14% increase from the fourth quarter of 2013, driven by a 15% improvement in the commercial fee per file and a 1% decrease in closed orders; open commercial orders decreased by 6% over the prior year
- Overall fourth quarter average fee per file of $2,131, a 2% increase over the fourth quarter of 2013
- Title claims paid of $78 million, a decrease of $22 million, or 22%, from the fourth quarter of 2013
- Total revenue of $220 million, led by Servicing Technology revenue of approximately $155 million
- Revenue growth of 12% for the fourth quarter compared to the prior year period legacy LPS results, led by Data and Analytics, RealEC and Servicing Technology
- Adjusted EBITDA of $96 million and adjusted EBITDA margin of 43.0%, a 70 basis point sequential margin improvement from the third quarter of 2014
"This was a strong finish to a great year for our title insurance business," said Chairman William P. Foley, II. "Despite a continued sluggish real estate market, we achieved a 14.1% pre-tax title margin for the fourth quarter, more than a 14.3% pre-tax title margin for the last three quarters of 2014 and a 12.5% pre-tax title margin for the full-year 2014. Overall, we are proud of the financial results we posted in our title business in 2014 and we remain confident in our ability to generate a 15%-20% pre-tax title margin in an improving real estate market.
"Black Knight had another impressive quarter, generating 12% revenue growth and an adjusted EBITDA margin of 43%, a 70 basis point sequential margin improvement from the third quarter of 2014. We remain excited about the organic revenue growth opportunity at Black Knight, as the sales pipeline is strong across our technology and data and analytics businesses as we enter 2015. We also announced the initial filing of a Black Knight IPO registration statement with the SEC in December and are working towards having Black Knight operate as an FNF majority-owned, publicly-traded company in 2015."
We will host a call with investors and analysts to discuss fourth quarter 2014 FNF Core results on Thursday, February 19, 2015, beginning at 11:00 a.m. Eastern Time. A live webcast of the conference call will be available on the Events and Multimedia page of the FNF Investor Relations website at www.fnf.com. The conference call replay will be available via webcast through the FNF Investor Relations website at www.fnf.com. The telephone replay will be available from 1:00 p.m. Eastern time on February 19, 2015, through February 26, 2015, by dialing 800-475-6701 (USA) or 320-365-3844 (International). The access code will be 351178.
Fidelity National Financial, Inc. (FNF) is organized into two groups, FNF Core (NYSE: FNF) and FNF Ventures (NYSE: FNFV). Through our Core operations, FNF is a leading provider of title insurance, technology and transaction services to the real estate and mortgage industries. FNF is the nation's largest title insurance company through its title insurance underwriters - Fidelity National Title, Chicago Title, Commonwealth Land Title, Alamo Title and National Title of New York - that collectively issue more title insurance policies than any other title company in the United States. FNF also provides industry-leading mortgage technology solutions and transaction services, including MSP®, the leading residential mortgage servicing technology platform in the U.S., through its majority-owned subsidiaries, Black Knight Financial Services, LLC and ServiceLink Holdings, LLC. In addition, in our FNFV group, we own majority and minority equity investment stakes in a number of entities, including American Blue Ribbon Holdings, LLC, J. Alexander's, LLC , Ceridian HCM, Inc., Fleetcor Technologies, Inc. and Digital Insurance, Inc. More information about FNF can be found at www.fnf.com.
Use of Non-GAAP Financial Information
Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) is the term used to refer to the standard framework of guidelines for financial accounting. GAAP includes the standards, conventions, and rules accountants follow in recording and summarizing transactions and in the preparation of financial statements. In addition to reporting financial results in accordance with GAAP, the Company has provided non-GAAP financial measures, which it believes are useful to help investors better understand its financial performance, competitive position and prospects for the future. These non-GAAP measures include earnings before interest, taxes and depreciation and amortization (EBITDA), adjusted earnings before interest, taxes and depreciation and amortization (Adjusted EBITDA), adjusted earnings before interest, taxes and depreciation as a percent of adjusted revenue (Adjusted EBITDA margin), adjusted net earnings, adjusted EPS and free cash flow.
Any non-GAAP measures should be considered in context with the GAAP financial presentation and should not be considered in isolation or as a substitute for GAAP net earnings. Further, FNF's non-GAAP measures may be calculated differently from similarly titled measures of other companies. Reconciliations of these non-GAAP measures to related GAAP measures are provided below.
Black Knight IPO Information
The proposed Black Knight initial public offering will be made only be means of a prospectus. A copy of the preliminary prospectus may be obtained, when available, from the book-running manager(s) of the proposed offering.
A registration statement on Form S-1 relating to the proposed offering has been filed with the SEC, but has not yet become effective. The shares to be registered may not be sold nor may offers to buy be accepted prior to the time when the registration statement becomes effective. Copies of the registration statement can be accessed through the SEC's website at www.sec.gov. This press release shall not constitute an offer to sell or the solicitation of an offer to buy, nor shall there be any sale of these securities in any state or jurisdiction in which such offer, solicitation or sale would be unlawful prior to registration or qualification under the securities laws of any such state or jurisdiction.
Forward-Looking Statements and Risk Factors
This press release contains forward-looking statements that involve a number of risks and uncertainties. Statements that are not historical facts, including statements regarding our expectations, hopes, intentions or strategies regarding the future are forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements are based on management's beliefs, as well as assumptions made by, and information currently available to, management. Because such statements are based on expectations as to future financial and operating results and are not statements of fact, actual results may differ materially from those projected. We undertake no obligation to update any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise. No assurance can be given as to the value of Black Knight's common stock, the price at which its common stock may be offered in the proposed offering, the trading price of such common stock after the proposed offering or whether a liquid market for such common stock will develop or be maintained. The risks and uncertainties which forward-looking statements are subject to include, but are not limited to: changes in general economic, business and political conditions, including changes in the financial markets; weakness or adverse changes in the level of real estate activity, which may be caused by, among other things, high or increasing interest rates, a limited supply of mortgage funding or a weak U. S. economy; our potential inability to find suitable acquisition candidates, acquisitions in lines of business that will not necessarily be limited to our traditional areas of focus, or difficulties in integrating acquisitions; our dependence on distributions from our title insurance underwriters as a main source of cash flow; significant competition that our operating subsidiaries face; compliance with extensive government regulation of our operating subsidiaries.
This press release should be read in conjunction with the press release filed for the results of FNFV on this same date as well as the risks detailed in the "Statement Regarding Forward-Looking Information," "Risk Factors" and other sections of the Company's Form 10-Q,10-K and other filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
SOURCE: Fidelity National Financial, Inc.
CONTACT: Daniel Kennedy Murphy, Senior Vice President and Treasurer, 904-854-8120, email@example.com